COVID-19 PANDEMIC UPDATE
MARCH 17, 2020
St. Luke the Evangelist Antiochian Orthodox Church
The disciples were first called Christians in Antioch (Acts 11:26)
This Week's Services
- Wednesday, March 18 - PRESANCTIFIED LITURGY CANCELED
- Friday, March 20 - 6:30 p.m. - Little Compline/Akathist Hymn (priest and chanter only.)
- Saturday March 21 - SATURDAY VESPERS CANCELED
- Sunday, March 22 - 8:30 a.m. - Orthros (priest and chanter only.); 9:30 a.m. - Divine Liturgy (priest and chanter only)
Dear Friends and Members of St. Luke the Evangelist,
The blessings of the Lord.
Today, His Eminence Metropolitan JOSEPH directed all parishes of the Archdiocese to immediately institute additional preventative measures to be implemented. Some of the most critical for our parish at this time affect our service schedule and access to the building:
- All non-liturgical activities are canceled (church school, coffee hour, etc....)
- Effective immediately, all services will be offered with only the priest, the chanter, and altar servers present: the services will not be open to the public. We cannot have more than 10 people total in the building and the Metropolitan is limiting this to only those needed to serve the services.
- I am planning on having the services available on the internet via livestream webcam on our church Facebook page for the faithful.
- The service schedule is also reduced to the following: (1) Friday 6:30 pm Small Compline/Akathist; (2) Sunday 8:30 am Orthros/9:30 am - Divine Liturgy; and (3) Wednesday March 25: 6:30 pm Vesperal Liturgy for Feast of the Annunciation. Presanctified Liturgies and Saturday Vespers are canceled.
- I will announce soon "office hours" when the faithful can visit the church, offer prayers, and light candles. Only 10 people at a time can be in the building during these times.
- Confession and/or Holy Communion from the Reserved Sacrament is available "for the faithful who express a great need." Please contact me directly to discuss your particular circumstances.
- Please contact me by phone if you have any pastoral concerns (440-591-1030). I am available if you need to talk, vent, or have a prayer request.
If you have any questions, please contact me. I know there are more details to be worked out, but I wanted to make sure you had the latest information affecting our services and building access as soon as possible.
As with this entire unfolding situation, this will all be subject to modification based on additional direction from the Diocese/Archdiocese and our government (local, state, federal).